Ask Anderson Dental - Royal Palm Beach if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
The procedure for placing mini implants is much quicker and less invasive than that of placing traditional implants. Because they are small, there is no need for complex surgery, and they are usually placed in one visit. The minimally invasive procedure also allows for a faster healing process. Plus, there isn’t as significant a disturbance to the bone and tissue, so the procedure doesn’t cause a great deal of discomfort.
During the procedure:
- A local anesthetic or light sedation will be used to reduce discomfort
- Using a controlled technique, your dentist will place the mini implant into the jawbone, acting as an anchor for your tooth restoration or denture
- Once stable, the mini implant will hold your restoration securely in place
- Once the implants are placed, your dentures will be attached and adjusted. In one quick, easy procedure, all the discomforts of dentures can be eliminated
Mini implants consist of titanium posts that act as the root of your tooth and a retaining fixture incorporated into the base of your denture. The head of the implant is shaped like a ball, and the retaining fixture acts like a socket that contains a rubber O-ring. The O-ring snaps over the ball when the denture is seated and holds the denture at a predetermined level of force. When placed, the denture rests gently on your gum tissue, allowing for mobility while withstanding lifting forces.
If you’re considering denture stabilization with mini implants, contact our office at 561-333-4457 today!
- Mini Implants
- Dentures in a Day
- Fountain of Youth Dentures
- Immediate vs. Complete Dentures
- Implant-Supported Partial Dentures
- In-house Denture Lab
- Lock-In Dentures
- Partial Dentures
- Same Day Denture Relines
- Traditional vs. Premium Dentures
- Implant Retained Dentures
- Screw Retained Dentures
- Denture Stabilization